background

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Thrift: Norman Rockwell

I went thrifting a couple of years ago and found this framed Norman Rockwell artwork titled School's Out. It was a print of course, one of many, but Rockwell's work has always resonated with me and I knew right away that I would take it home. 

This print (framed with glass) was $5. It sat in a closet for over a year, as I wasn't sure where I was going to put it, but it ended up in our guest bedroom (more on that decor later) hanging off center from a rocking chair in the corner. If ever my husband and I have a disagreement, I beeline straight for the garage, grab a hammer and nail and look for something to hang in the house. This was product of one of those instances.

School's Out, 1959  - Norman Rockwell 

No more than a week after hanging School's Out, did I find Missing Tooth. It too was framed and even had young school girls that would have likely been running in the initial school themed image I'd already commandeered. I paid $15 for it (more than my usual thrifting threshold), but after a quick Google search while shopping, found that both of these pieces together would be worth more than I paid. Consider it an investment... :)



Here they are in all of their mismatched frame glory. I love that they are alike and different and how they work together in the room. 



Which is your favorite?


Thanks for stopping by the Humble Hammock! Do come back :)
Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment