background

Monday, December 29, 2014

DIY Edition: Indiana Artwork

Our family is huge. Not huge like the McCallisters on Home Alone but big enough that my husband’s siblings and their significant others draw names for a Secret Santa gift giving. This year I didn’t think I would have too much time to get crafty with my lucky pick so I decided to keep it simple by shopping on Etsy. Why not buy someone else the things that I'm too cheap to buy for myself; right? I knocked $24 off of our $30 limit with this little beauty from HappyHeat. Five years ago or so I got my very own and still use it faithfully. It’s a hot/cold pad for the neck and when microwaved smells heavily of lavender. When I’m feeling off it’s my go-to remedy.

Photo courtesy of Happy Heat
After perusing Etsy a bit more I found just the inspiration I needed to finish my gift. My pick happens to be my sister-in-law. A crafty, shabby-chicster at heart (see her blog here), her draw to monograms, chevrons and personalized pieces gave me enough to work with to make her the framable piece below. I knew that frames in her house were mostly white, so I hit up Kohls and around Christmas and got the frame for $6. Here's the print:



From the template I also made her a secondary print just for fun.




Thanks for stopping by the Humble Hammock and do come back!
Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment