background

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

DIY Edition Off the Wall

In my last post, Finding DIY Inspiration, I blogged about other uses for "wall decals that also work on a trillion other things." Here are some odds and ends that I have used wall decals to decorate.

FURNITURE
Slapping those wordy wall decals on a piece of furniture is a great way to spice up a boring piece. I haven't done this one yet, but I came across a great example. The wall decal is just layered latex paint that you mush onto a surface. By placing the decal and scratching with a flat object (I use a pan scraping tool, myself) it'll be stuck on in a few seconds.



DOORS
Here's one I did at my house. I bought a simple "Welcome" sign and put it right on my front door. It's visible from the road and matches the trim on the outside of our house. I love the little bit of coziness that it brings to our curb appeal.



WALLS [of course]
Obviously these decals were designed for walls and they do well there. I have found that they can leave a residue upon removal, but it's nothing that the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser can't handle. [I promise I don't get sponsor money for talking about Mr. Clean all the time...] I had this Clint Eastwood decal in my first apartment for a couple of years. I was sad when I moved out to not take it with me, but I could have put it on a glass frame and done just that.



GLASS
This is one of my favorite uses for the wall decals. Here's my rendition of sticking the decal on glass. The glass is still washable and the decal can be removed with heat. If washing in hot water do not attempt to dry by hand. Do NOT put these items in the dishwasher. Here is an example of how I would use these decals on glass.



What kind of post would you like to see next? Comment below to see your request featured!


Thanks for stopping by the HumbleHammock and looking around; do come back!

Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment