background

Friday, May 13, 2016

Refresh: Car Interior

Since I was 16, I have always been made fun of by my friends for having an immaculate car. The thought of half eaten McDoubles and French fries crammed between seats still makes my OCD flare. Unlike most of my friends I dedicated a couple hours a week to vacuuming, detailing, washing and waxing my car. 

Fast forward a decade and those old habits have yet to fizzle out. I upgraded my car (see How to Buy a Car if you need help in that regard) and I was determined to keep it like new. 

That's cute and all, but life happens. It took the first ride in my backseat to see what had been behind my head all that time - upholstery stains! From the moment I saw them I began concocting the perfect  removal remedy in my mind. 

Before I share that with you, go ahead and cast judgement from these images. 





Recipe for Removal:
  1. Acquire baking soda, vinegar and water. Pour one part vinegar and three parts water into a cup. Add one tablespoon of baking soda and allow to fizz. 
  2. Take a clean microfiber cloth or towel and dip it into the mixture before working it in a circular motion over the stain on the upholstery. 
  3. WARNING: You may need to clean the entire upholstery if you clean the stain too well! Start with light pressure when rubbing and allow the spot to dry before doing touch up later. 
  4. Air dry and repeat if necessary. 
Ta-da; threat averted! 

Thanks for stopping by the Humble Hammock! Do you have any car cleaning hacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment